You’ve heard the adage “Content is king,” right? Content drives traffic to your website and increases your online presence. So, who or what is the undisputed king of content? That can be answered in one word: Video.
Research shows that including video on your website is effective for marketing to your patients and prospects, as well as for tracking your marketing data. Here are a few reasons why video should be a part of your marketing strategy.
Video is engaging.
It’s easy to see why. Written text can feel clichéd and trite no matter how accurately it portrays you and your practice. Images are more compelling than text and the visual/auditory elements of video create a far more captivating experience. Video engages the viewer on a personal level and makes them more likely to remember you, your content, and your brand.
Speaking in front of a camera is not for everyone, however. Take me, for instance. I feel most at ease behind the camera. Flip the lens on me and I take on the personality of a rutabaga.
Thankfully, you are in the people business, selling a service and an experience. You interact with others all day. If you want to engage and make a personal connection, video is the closest thing to your daily, face-to-face conversations.
Video builds trust.
Any audiologist (or paid writer) can claim that “we offer the best care,” but only you can convey your uniqueness, credibility and sincerity. Only through video can you convey a true sense of who you are and what you’re like. Video captures your authenticity and differentiates you from the internet crowd.
The same holds true for patient testimonials. A 30-second video clip of a happy patient is far more effective than a well-crafted paragraph. It elicits emotional responses and makes a connection with your prospects.
Video has a wide reach.
Videos are multi-platform friendly. You can upload them on YouTube, post them on your website, and share them on all your social media outlets. Viewers, including third-party and referral sources, are more likely to share a video than a block of text with a relative or friend. A single video has the potential to reach hundreds (or thousands!) of patients and prospects.
Video is effective (and the research proves it).
If you’re still not convinced of the importance of video to the purchase process, consider these numbers:
- 90 percent of users say that seeing a video is helpful in the decision-making process. (Forbes)
- Retailers cite a 40 percent increase in purchases as a result of video. (Adobe)
- Four times as many consumers prefer to watch a video than read text. (Animoto)
- Four in five consumers say that video about a product or service is important. (Animoto)
- Almost 50 percent of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49 percent faster than non-video users. (VidYard)
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97 percent and brand association by 139 percent. (Unruly)
- 80 percent of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month. (Hubspot)
- By 2019, video will represent over 85 percent of all Internet traffic in the U.S. (Cisco)
If you’ve been working with our marketing team, then you know the importance of data behind your efforts. Here are a few more numbers that show how video can play an integral part in your marketing:
- Video can increase landing page conversion rates by 86 percent. (WishPond)
- Including video in an email increases click-through rate by 96 percent. (Forrester)
- Content with video see 27 percent higher click-through rates. (VidYard)
- Pages with videos are 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google’s search results than text-based content. (PR Newswire)
- 52 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
If you’re not incorporating video in your marketing strategy, you might want to reconsider.